Water Conservation Tips
Promoting Water Conservation
District Administration is proactively engaged itself in water conservation.
Under the jurisdiction of Mysuru City with the help of many C.S.R (Corporate social responsibility) projects, 27 tanks have been identified out of which Below tanks are being rejuvenated under CSR Schemes..
Hebbal Tank (Infosys Pvt lmt), Kergalli Tank, Ayyajanhundi Tank, Alanahalli Tank and Lalithadripura Tank (Nirmithi Kendra, Mysuru), Devikere Tank, Tavare katte and Hirikere Tank (Confederation of Indian Industries), Bommanalli Tank, Kyathamaranahalli Tank and Maragowdanahalli Tank (Mysuru City Corporation), Devanur Tank and Hinkal Tank (Mysuru Urban Development Authority), Varuna Tank (Cauvery Neeravari Nigama Limited), Kukkaralli Tank (Mysuru University), Lingabudi Tank and Malalvadi Tank (Forest Department), Koorgalli Tank and Lalithadirpura Tank (Zoo Authority, Mysuru),
In order to Promote Sustainable water usage, Jalkranthi Abhiyan is being celebrated in association with all the departments. Low watershed areas are being identified under this project in order to increase water level at such places.
Some tips about water conservation
- Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth – this can save 6 litres of water per minute.
- Donot leave the tap running while washing the dishes in the kitchen.
- Avoid using a shower for bathing. Try using a bucket instead. This will help you save about 150-200 litres everyday.
- Use sprinklers to water the plants provided you have a large garden.
- Rainwater harvesting is the another method to conserve water.
- Avoid unnecessary flushing the toilets. Dispose off the tissues, cigarettes and other waste into the bin instead of toilets.
- Use your washing machine only when it is filled to its total capacity. You can save about 4500 litres per month in this process. Besides saving water, this method is also helpful to save electricity.
- Install a water butt to your drainpipe and use the water collected to water your plants, clean your car and wash your windows.
- Educate the mind of the people in the rural areas to save the water.
- Whenever you waste water, just think about those millions of people who still struggle to save every drop of water for their survival.